Pathways to Your Destination
A new, exciting program to help you. BRI’s Pathways to your destination program is designed to support young people with a disability and give them the best chance of getting a job.
Pathways to your destination
The program helps you transition to employment by helping you to improve your life and work skills:
• Independent living
– helping increase your confidence in finances, using public transport and social networks
• Increase social skills – helping you to communicate better
• Money management skills – helping you with budgets, banking and shopping choices
• Basic computer skills – how to use email, the internet and an introduction to social media
• Everyday health and hygiene – helping you with personal hygiene, presentation and confidence
• Reading and writing – helping you to improve your reading and writing skills for everyday life
• Community access – learning what is available in the local community for you to access
What the program offers
The program is fun and interactive – combining both work experience and group learning.
Work Experience: 1 day per week
One day a week, you will have experience working in one of BRI’s business areas. You will be supported, guided and assisted by experienced staff. You will work in a group environment with like-mined people.
Group Learning: 1 day per week One day a week, you will be in a group learning life and work skills that will help you in your everyday living.
To participate, you must have an NDIS package that includes Finding and Keeping a Job